If you’re interested in orthodontic treatment with braces, Dr. Chris Getman and the team at Getman Orthodontics in Germantown TN provide complete information to their patients considering treatment with braces. If you are curious if appliances can help you achieve your orthodontic treatment care goals, here are five common orthodontic problems that appliances can correct.
What Are the Top Five Problems that Braces Can Correct?
Braces are indicated for correcting several orthodontic issues. They are:
1. Misaligned jaw
2. Misaligned teeth due to:
•Spaces between teeth
3. Misaligned bite due to:
4. Periodontal (gum) problems
5. Dental hygiene issues due to poor orthodontic conditions
Braces gently move teeth into their optimal positions by strategically placing the brackets and bands to be most effective. This movement realigns the overbite/underbite and helps close the gaps between the teeth. The specialists at Getman Orthodontics in Germantown TN stress that if these problems are left untreated, you may run the risk of permanent damage to your teeth, jaw, and mouth.
What Long-Term Health Benefits Do Braces Bring?
• Straight teeth are easier to brush and floss, thus reducing tooth decay, gum disease and gingivitis.
• A correct bite allows your teeth and mouth to chew food the way they’re supposed to.
• Improper teeth alignment puts extra wear and pressure on adjacent teeth, causing them to wear faster.
• Correct teeth alignment may also help to correct associated speech issues.