Dr. Chris Getman and the team at Getman Orthodontics are experts in treating their patients that live in or work near Cordova TN, with Invisalign clear aligners as an alternative to traditional metal braces. These aligners are clear, removable, thermoplastic trays that a exert a gentle pressure to shift teeth to their optimal positions within the mouth.
Invisalign Cordova, TN
1. Easy to Wear. Invisalign in Cordova TN is made of a clear, removable, thermoplastic material. They are smooth plastic, so there are no sharp metal edges to irritate soft mouth tissues. This product is clear and invisible to the casual observer.
2. Easy to Remove. Treatment with the clear aligner trays involves wearing a series of removable aligner trays that patients change out themselves every two weeks. The aligners can be taken out to eat, brush, floss, and clean the trays.
3. Shorter treatment times. If worn correctly, the course of treatment with this product may be less than treatment with traditional braces. A course of treatment with this product may last a year and a half, while treatment with traditional braces can take longer.
4. Less discomfort. A sense of pressure or discomfort may be experienced when traditional braces and wires are tightened.If the wires of traditional braces break, they can cause irritation to the soft tissues of the mouth. There is often less discomfort associated with the clear aligners than with traditional braces because there are no metal bands or brackets to cause irritation.
5. Less maintenance. Because the trays are removed to clean the tray and the teeth, the care and maintenance of the aligners require less attention than traditional braces. Teeth and trays are cleaned simultaneously.