During your orthodontic treatment, you will have to modify your diet in order to make sure food doesn't damage your appliances. But, don't worry, you'll be back to eating all your favorite foods before you know it! As a good rule of thumb, if it is chewy, hard, or sticky, you will probably want to stay away from eating it.
Foods to Avoid With Braces
- Hard Food - nuts, hard candies
- Chewy Food - bagels, licorice
- Sticky Food - gum, chewing candies
- Crunch Food - popcorn, chips, ice
- Food you bite into - apples, corn on the cob
Foods You Can Eat With Braces
- Peanut Butter
- Dairy - soft cheese, pudding
- Breads - pancakes, muffins without nuts
- Grains - soft rice, pasta
- Meat, Poultry, Seafood
- Vegetables - most cooked veggies
- Fruit - bananas, cut peaches
If you have any questions about whether something is safe or unsafe to eat while wearing your braces, feel free to contact our office. Our staff is here to help you get the most out of your orthodontic treatment.