Dr. Chris Getman of Getman Orthodontics works every day with patients Germantown TN who are looking to fix their crooked teeth (malocclusions) and other orthodontic issues. An orthodontist is a qualified dentist who has undergone special training, similar to medical doctors that choose to specialize in fields such as neurology and endocrinology. Orthodontists also undergo extra years of university-based study, as well as gaining extensive experience in an orthodontics residency program.
What kind of problems do orthodontists treat?
Orthodontists in Germantown TN help to correct patients’ dental malocclusions (an abnormality in the alignment of the upper and/or lower teeth). This includes underbites, overbites, crossbites, spaces between teeth, overcrowded teeth, and the treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. Other problems with the function of the jaw should also be treated by an orthodontist.
A typical consultation with the professional orthodontics practitioners at Getman Orthodontics may include:
1. An analysis and diagnosis of each patient’s unique needs and outcome expectations.
2. A report on the issues presented by the patient and a discussion with the doctor about treatment options.
3. A treatment plan designed to correct the problems presented and to provide for the ongoing oral health of the patient.
4. A strategy of treatment that is affordable, comfortable, and convenient to the patient while ensuring a maximal treatment outcome.
5. A preliminary schedule to start treatment.
Getman Orthodontics offers:
• Invisalign Teen
• Clear ceramic braces
• Metal Braces
• Removable retainers